Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The 12 Days of Wilma


Day One: Wow! Hurricane Wilma hit us a little harder than anticipated. I was out of town for the weekend with the lovely young lady I am currently involved with. We had a fantastic time and I hated having to come back so soon, but she was worried about her mother. She’s so sweet! I’m lucky to have met her.

I can’t believe how much damage Wilma did. There are downed trees and telephone poles everywhere.

No one has power. Cell phones aren’t working very well either. But we here in Florida are accustomed to these kinds of things. Good ole FPL (Florida Power & Light) should have us all up and running again in no time.

I’m tired, I’m gonna go get some sleep. Hopefully power will be back on before I wake up.


Day Two: Still no power. It turns out that Wilma did a lot more damage than anyone initially thought. FPL didn’t do any work last night, they drove around and assessed the damages. I'm pretty sure they know what they’re doing, I have faith in them.

I finally was able to get through to my darling. She seemed busy with her family and said she’d call me later.

I tried to get gas today but none of the gas stations had power. There’s a 7pm curfew and being without power I figure I'll go to bed early and get up early so I can get gas first thing tomorrow.

I ended up taking a very cold shower. That was not fun. Hopefully the power will come on in the middle of the night and I’ll be lucky enough to have hot water waiting for me tomorrow when I wake up.


Day Three: I was a little bummed out to wake up and not have power today, but instead of complaining I feel grateful because we still have running water and a roof over our heads.

FPL started working towards restoring power today. Not to sound like a jerk but I was hoping they would be done by now, not just getting started.

I was also a little surprised to see that my baby hadn’t called me. She must be busy with her family.

I tried to get gas again today but there are only a few stations that have power and are able to dispense gas at this time.

I waited in one line for well over an hour and they informed me that they were out of gas. I then waited in another line but the 7pm curfew came and they made me come home. I, of course, didn’t argue because I know it’s for my own safety.

I had to take another very cold shower tonight. That and the fact that my girl never called me kind of put me in a cranky mood.


Day Four: Still no power. They got some more gas stations up and running today. There’s still an average wait of 4-5 hours for gas. This is ridiculous. I’ll try again tomorrow.

The curfew has been pushed back to 11pm. I was going to ask my honey to hang out, but when I finally got a hold of her she was out having drinks with her friends.

I was kind of hoping she’d invite me to join them since I’ve been couped up in the house for the last few days, but I respect that she needs her time with her friends.

I wish I’d of done a load of laundry before the hurricane. I’m starting to run out of clean clothes.

Took another friggin cold shower tonight. They really suck!


Day Five: Still no power. Most of the richer neighborhoods have power already. All the malls are back up and running as well. I guess when they get a chance they’ll get around to us.

I hope it’s soon. I won’t lie, I’m beginning to get a little annoyed that I don’t have power yet and that they still expect me to be home by 11pm to sit in a dark quiet house. It’s a little unnerving.

My sweetheart didn’t call me today. I don’t know what’s up with that.

I can’t take much more of these cold showers.


Day Six: Still no fucking power! This is pathetic! How do they expect people to live like this?

I finally got a hold of that tramp and she was out drinking with her friends again last night and she’s doing the same thing again tonight. Thanks for not inviting me bitch! I’m glad that I’m such a fuckin priority.

I’m gonna go take a lovely iced fucking shower and then sit here and watch my fucking cock shrink by candlelight.


Day Seven: Oh what a fucking surprise! No fucking power!

As if that wasn’t bad enough the fucking cunt called me today and ended things with me!

I can’t worry about that right now though, I’m literally out of clean socks and underwear. I don’t want to look like a bum in front of my neighbors but I can’t even iron any of my shirts or pants.

What a lovely fucking day! Let’s top it all off with a fucking iced cold shower and then I’ll go read a comic book with a fucking flashlight under my fucking chin since I can’t go anywhere thanks to the empty gas tank in my fucking truck!


Day Eight: Ready for this? Still no fucking power! It’s been over a fucking week already!

I did finally manage to get gas in my truck. Then I got to enjoy seeing all the other houses surrounding my neighborhood with their pretty little fucking lights on!

I’m fucking thrilled for them! They can watch Desperate Fucking Housewives and I’ll go impersonate the fucking Titanic as I sink into the cold fucking oblivion that I call a fucking shower.

Fuck FPL and fuck that pig for leaving me!


Day Nine: I swear they’re laughing at me. FPL is hiding behind the bushes and they’re fucking snickering and pointing at me!

How else do you explain everyone across the street having power yet I still don’t?

It’s that bitch that left me! They’re in cahoots with her to fucking ruin my life!

I won’t let them win! I’m going to go take a frigid shower and wash the vagina that’s formed where my penis used to be.

Jesus, I’ve been wearing the same clothes for the last 3 days now.

But don't you worry, I’ll show them! I’ve taken apart my cell phone and created a flux compasitor so that tomorrow I can harness the lightning and power my house on my own!

Bwahahahahahhaha!!


Day Ten: Uhm, no power……What?..you hear that? They’re out there. I can taste their sweat in the air.

I’m going to go hide underneath the car in the garage until I can create a weapon so that I can defend myself against their unwanted advances. There’s no room in the trunk for my corpse, but they don’t know that.


Day Eleven: Today one of them tried to trick me by dressing in a mailman's uniform so that he could get close enough to my house to steal my thoughts and corrupt my principles.

I chased him away swinging a sling over my head that I fashioned out of all my unwashed socks and what was left of my cell phone. He ran but not before dropping the bag that he was carrying which was full of propaganda and secrets about me.

I emptied out the bags contents and howled like a wild animal as I urinated on them in my front yard. My neighbors all saw me and now they know that I am the alpha male of this block and not to challenge me!

That’s when I realized that I was naked. I tied the bag around my waist like a loincloth and went back inside to enjoy a nice refreshing cold shower before scratching at the wall until I fell asleep.


Day Twelve: Power came back on. I knew good ole FP&L wouldn’t let me down. I have to remember to send them an email to thank them for their prompt service.

It’ll be nice to do laundry. Wow I amassed quite a load.

It’s sad that it didn’t work out with me and that lovely young lady but I guess life goes on.

I’m going to go take a nice hot shower now and I look forward to the productive day ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment